I got a new car! and she has already been named: Clementine. It was sad leaving Teqa all alone and scared, but she will find new life in retirement, I guess. It won't be the same, but I'm sure Clementine will grow on me.. what with her working A/C and low mileage and warranties and things. I didn't realize it didn't have cruise control though until I was driving home, so I'm going to actually try tackling that on my own with my dad. I want to put remote ignition in too, that will save me a lot of time on those snowy winter mornings.
The trip to Alberta was really good, except it was hands down the worst traveling experience I've ever had. My connecting flight from Chicago to Edmonton was canceled, so I canceled the hotel reservation and took a later flight to Calgary that ended up being delayed five hours. It finally landed at 2am, but since I flew to Calgary instead, it took Evan 5 hours just to drive there.. he was hopped up on energy drinks, but I slept like a rock that night. My luggage was left in Chicago the entire time I was in Alberta though. I bought an outfit and some pajamas, but our plans were completely renegotiated because we had to be available at an address in case my luggage came in.. plus I didn't want to re-buy shoes and everything I needed to go backpacking. The day after I flew out of Edmonton, my luggage was flown in to Edmonton. I missed my flight that morning too, because the line just to check in was 2 1/2 hours long- it wouldn't let me self check in either. So I got home five hours late for the barbeque.. needless to say, I still don't have my luggage. It's supposed to come in to Austin tomorrow, but that's what they've been telling me every day since August 4. That really did make it a pretty stressful trip, I get emotional enough about visiting Evan anyway. I always get sad about having to leave before I even get there, it's a little difficult.
I'm planning to leave Smithville by this weekend though, and visit La and the nephew for a day or two. I have so much to do before the 25th and it will help to give myself a week to settle in in Potsdam.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment